From Maine's rocky coast to her rugged mountains and farmland, EMHS cares for the people of Maine. While the nine hospitals (Acadia Hospital, Aroostook Medical Center, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Inland Hospital, Maine Coast Memorial Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Sebasticook Valley Hospital, Blue Hill Memorial Hospital, and Charles A. Dean Memorial Hospital) are the most prominent members of EMHS, our integrated system serves as a foundation for more than 40 member organizations, including a for profit arm, Affiliated. The EMHS team is comprised of creative, enthusiastic, and motivated people who are committed to achieving the organizational goals and vision. EMHS, and its member organizations, attract people who are passionate about their work, and enjoy collaborating with those who share EMHS’ values to uphold the highest standards in behavior.
Our Team Supporting You:
The EMHS Talent Acquisition team is comprised of Talent Acquisition specialists, recruiters, sourcing specialists and coordinators, system director and vice president of Talent Acquisition and Diversity.
We are dedicated to supporting veterans as they determine their next career options. Here are just a few of the ways we are better positioning EMHS to assist our veterans:
EMHS is proud to employ more than 300 veterans across our statewide system. Thank you to all veterans and your families for all your sacrifices endured to keep America safe and free!
- Maine’s Hire-a-Vet 2015 Campaign: Our team attended the Kick-Off Training in August of 2015 for the Maine’s Hire-a-Vet Campaign. This event included Military 101 Training with an introduction to the structure and culture of the military. Our participation helped our recruiters understand the different branches, rank, military structure components and pay structure and the overview of the definition of veteran status.
- We attend monthly career fairs at the Career Centers in throughout the State of Maine (with a specific time set aside for veterans to meet with employers) and all career fairs/events scheduled for veterans.
- During the 2015 Hire-a-Vet campaign, our team reviewed at least two profiles of veterans a day. From August-November of 2015, EMHS hired 25 veterans.
- In 2015, EMHS was invited to attend a meeting with Rep. Mike Michaud, who also serves as Assistant Secretary for Veteran Affairs. EMHS was one out of ten organizations invited because of our activity and commitment to hire veterans. EMHS is also part of a focus group that the Department of Labor has initiated to brainstorm ideas to hire more veterans and continue working with Mike Michaud.
- The EMHS Talent Acquisition team continually updates resources for the hiring managers particularly to help with interviewing veterans.
- The EMHS Talent Team continues to work with our veteran representatives at the Department of Labor to hire our veterans and family members.
- EMHS is proud to be part of the 2016 Maine Hire-a-Vet campaign along with the Maine Department of Labor and numerous partner agencies. The goal is to engage a minimum of 100 employers to hire 100-plus veterans in 100 days. Last year, 2015, the campaign successfully exceeded these goals – placing 269 veterans and engaging 135 employers during the 100-day campaign!